Thursday, June 11, 2009

So I've already raved about how much I hate BET, with the exception of a couple of shows (and event he exceptions are getting old!), but now I'm about to add MTV to the list. In all actuality it should have been on my hate list a long time ago. But I must say there is one show that may restore my faith in the network: 16 and Pregnant.


Sure it's only been one episode but the one they aired tonight was exactly what reality television should be: eye opening and informative. So many teens out here have these ideal images of sex and even pregnancy. 16 and Pregnant shows how it really is, especially at a young age. It follows the teens from pregnancy to 3 months post pregnancy. Now everyone gets to see what they miss out on during pregnancy and in being a teen parent. Sorry, gotta take care of Bentley no parties tonight. So far I give the show an A+. And I'm still tickled at the fact that girl went into labor on a four-wheeler!!


So parents, big brothers and sisters, and anyone else with fast-tailed young folks in your life, sit them down and let them watch this show!



1 comment:

  1. yess I enjoyed this show as well. It was depressing to say the least but it enables young adults to gain insight on one of the effects of unprotected sex. & this sh*t is scarier to me than pictures of STDs! ... just saying lol

    ReplyDelete