Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter for Atheist...WTF

I'm starting to realize a lot of things annoy me and this is just another one to add to the list.

I can't stand it when people who are not Christians celebrate Christian holidays. I really can't stand it when atheists celebrate Christian holidays, to me it says you just want a reason to get gifts. Most atheists don't respect religion, they respect your right to believe in whatever you chose but not religion itself. It's already bad enough that holidays have become so commercialized but then for you to basically to devalue it even more by celebrating it knowing you don't believe in the reason or the background of the holiday. UGH it just gets under my skin. At least Jews and Muslims have respect for the Christian religion although they do not believe that Jesus is the savior.

If you're an atheist good for you, but why don't you just sit at home and watch TV when the rest of us are out celebrating our religious holidays. You don't believe in God so why celebrate the birth of His one and only Son? It doesn't matter to you whether He was born or not because you don't believe in who He and His Father are. Do you just want gifts or a reason to decorate your house? Why celebrate Easter? It's to celebrate Jesus' resurrection and since you don't believe in that what are you celebrating? Do you just want a reason to run around and collect eggs because you don't even get pretty Easter outfits to wear to church because YOU DON'T GO TO CHURCH.

You don't see Christian's celebrating atheist holidays. Now that I think about it are there any atheist holidays? I mean even Halloween and Valentine's Day are a Pagan holidays and they believed in many gods. Could ground hogs day be considered a atheist holiday? I mean that's about all I can think to give to them because Labor Day and Memorial Day are national holidays. Well I guess I can see why atheists are so desperate to celebrate anything. Atheist are kind of like lost people. Oh well, that was your personal choice just stick to celebrating birthdays, births, weddings, and graduations. That should be enough, if not become a Buddhist, Hindu, Jew, Muslim, or my favorite ☦ Christian (☺ ← I'm a little biased)

No comments:

Post a Comment